This is probably my first time writing a journal in a decade. I usually type notes to keep records and memorize plans in my head. I’m not sure what the criteria of writing this journal is, as I’m typing this in the D train running express between 125th and 59th Street with no internet connection. All I’m worrying about this semester is my performance in the ROTC Program I just started. It stands for Reserves Officers Training Corps, which is a program to prepare US Army soldiers who are attending a 4 year college to become commissioned officers after they graduate. I came back to school after leaving it in 2018, I joined the Army in 2019 which changed my life entirely. Now I’m back in the city on reserve status while drilling monthly with the New York National Guard I also have to report in uniform to my 3 morning 2 hour physical training 3 times a week and attend my military science classes and labs in uniform which is a hassle I’m trying to get used to. As of this semester I very much look forward to improve my writing and my mathematical skills since it’s been almost half of a decade since the last time I attended any of those classes. This semester marks a restart in my academic life and will keep me focused to complete my studies and work on my rank. And this journal writing exercise will not only be a weekly assignment but also a way to reflect and summarize my weekly activities plans and perhaps my life journey.