For this assignment, I went to Starbucks near my house in Woodside, Queens. I took a seat near the register around the window side. I have always come to Starbucks on my own and relaxed. I ordered a frappuccino and some chocolate croissants. I paid for these and went back to my seat and observed the customers while I was writing this assignment. Starbucks was busy in the early morning. Many people were waiting to be served. Some were chatting with friends while others were just looking around. People of different ages and ethnicities came here to buy coffee or just sit there. It is interesting to note that most people who bought coffee were in a hurry to leave while those staying in the Starbucks were less likely to buy drinks or food. People who sat in the sofa area were on different tasks: working individually or in groups on their class projects, or just eating with an empty look and sleeping silently in the corner. Most people in this area talked aloud and they were not bothered by the music from the speakers. Some people worked on their laptops while some were listening to their iPods when reading. I saw that the cashiers were busy inquiring about what the customers needed and remained polite to every one of the customers. Even if they asked the same question over and over again, they always had a warm smile on their face. Sometimes, they talked to each other but never really slowed down their pace. As people were leaving Starbucks, more people walked into the shop and waited in a long line to get a cup of coffee. Most of them look like students with their heavy school bags on their back or folders in the hand. After they got their coffee, they left the Starbucks in a hurry. I stayed a bit longer and saw more and more customers come in and leave. The employees are very tired and some of them got a break and some kept on working to get people’s orders. Since the covid hit, everything seems off, and people wore masks on in Starbucks and took it off when drinking and eating. Life is very complicated now, but we all have to move on.