Monica is my best friend. I met her in High School in 2016. When I came to The United States I was supposed to work only and not go to School. Now I am so glad I got the chance to go to High School because this is where I met most of my friends. Monica is a Mexican-American girl who knows English. She helped me a lot to understand this other language. It was so hard for me to understand and get my school work done because I did not know any English at all.

My best memories are from high School. I remember going to my senior trip. We were 4 best friends called the “G’s” because the first letter of our last name was G. So, our nicknames used to be; Moni G, Kim G, Dayanna G and Bianca G(me). I had so much fun with these girls. All of them are so unique but also Monica is so like me. We were happy, laughing, talking all the time. Kim used to worry about her outfits and boyfriend. Dayanna was a calm girl, who didn’t hang out with us after school. But one thing for sure is that we all used to help each other to get our homework done. On this day, we all were in the same room which was so amazing and cool to me. We got to talk a lot in tears about family and things that have happened or hurt us a lot before we met each other. We listened to music. We danced a lot and took a lot of pictures to post it all on Instagram.

Now, Dayanna G does not talk to us anymore but I love and will help them all the same way at any time. They are important to me now because we get to celebrate birthdays and holidays together. They are part of my family. I advise them, support them, care for them and be a good friend to them.