One thing I love is a good movie. I can range from romcom to full out Tokyo Drift to inspirational like The Blind Side. With me, its always been how much the movie will captivate me or “let me watch this again because I feel like I missed a part”. As I’m throwing out movie titles it kind of shows my versatile and wide range of interests; I don’t have a favorite movie, I connect with each in their own way.

Being completely honest, I never had such a deep love for movies. It all started when I was younger and my family would have random movie nights , and as we would say movie titles, you would hear my mother with the infamous “I seen that already”. Those lines motivated me to catch up to my mother and watch every movie possible; which now doesn’t make sense because she has watched movies I didn’t even know before.

As the years progressed, the competitiveness became love. I once watched the whole The Godfather movies; each were 3-4 hrs long; just so I could have the satisfaction of saying I watched the trilogy. The most tear-jerking and inspartional movie I have ever watch was, Antwan Fisher; that movie alone has particularly inspired so many poems of mine and changed my naively trusting character.

Movies are my escape route, with each film comes a different land, forgetting all you’ve been going through that day and just being sucked in for a good 1-2 hrs is so reassuring. Some people may even add this reason into becoming a film major to make films so people can escape their reality, but not me. I’ve never wanted to make my own film, maybe because I would have to arrogantly accept that not everything you see is true, and happy endings are make-believe.