Prof. Jessica Penner | OL20 | Fall 2021

Tatyana Davis, Meet my Chef Jacket

Meet my Chef Jacket, it makes me feel whole. It makes me have no care in the world. I can be myself without the feeling of being judged. I feel complete when I have my chef jacket on. Being able to cook and make people happy with my cooking is what excites me the most. Cooking is my passion and I am dedicated to continue to learn and how to perfect my dishes. When I wear my chef jacket I feel important. I feel like I belong. I feel like I’m doing something productive and positive. I love the feeling that I get when I walk into the kitchen. All my worries and stuff feels like a weight that is lifted off of my shoulders.

1. Hillary Castrillon

Love the post! Love that you love cooking and would have loved to hear you talk more about what dishes you like to make in particular. And where did you learn to cook? Are you planning or have you gone to culinary school? My dad loves cooking and I have learn a thing or two about cooking from him. I agree with you about what you said “all worries and stuff feels like a wight is lifted off of my shoulders”, Cooking really is therapeutic.

2. Benson Zheng

The way you describe the feelings and ideas you get from your item makes the writing very interesting. Some questions I have though are when you first acquired it and what does it look like.

3. NIDA KHAWAJA

I love when you said “it makes me feel whole”. I can’t wait to have that feeling of being whole when I get my white coat. Do you have a favorite dish you love to cook? When was the moment you realized that cooking was your passion?

4. Fnu nida

I love your post, I’m glad there are other people who takes cooking as passion. I’m not very passionate about cooking but I know how to cook. I sometime enjoy cooking when I’m cooking my favorite meal. I agree when you said, ” it makes me feel whole” because I understand that feeling very well. Cooking really helps me distract from my worries and also lifts up my mood no matter how down I feel at the moment.

5. Fnu nida

6. Estela Guevara

Hi Tatyana,
    I feel so inspired when you say how you love to wearing your Chef Jacket. I know that is really important to you.
    It reminds me of my little sister. She likes to cook and be ready when it comes to presentation.
    Good job! Keep it up.