A moment in which I had a disagreement with someone would be with my best friend. Even though her and I aren’t as close as we used to be, we still have a plethora of disagreements. This would be so because I am older, but because of previous experiences we’ve both had, she tends to pose as if it’s okay to be a little hostile.

Yaz

I don’t understand why you have to constantly go over there.

Lily

Well, this is where God has led us to so you have to just accept it for now.

Yaz rolls her eyes at Lily

Y

The disagreement happened when I started attending my new church that I’ve been in for approximately a year now. So, I grew up in a very old kind of Pentecostal Christian church where you couldn’t even paint your nails to go up to serve onto the altar. Now, the church that I’m currently attending, I can wear whatever I want as long as it’s modest and presentable.

For her that was never the issue, but I was able to see that she wasn’t comfortable with the thought of everyone around me being so different than what we were used to. I grew up realizing that clothing has nothing to do with your salvation or how kind and loving you are towards others. The disagreement came more towards her being too blunt over how she felt in regards to everyone in my church without knowing them. I understand because I’ve always appreciated that about her, but my problem in the argument has always been not judging a book by its cover. Why? They did it to me when she first met me and we grew to have a 10 year friendship. I feel as though it’ll always be an ongoing disagreement towards anyone she meets, but here’s to hoping we may find some type of resolution.