Back in 2019, I feared going to Citytech by train when I was a freshman. After having my mom ride with me for the entrance exam, my fear started to shimmer down a little bit, but remained the same. I’ve rode the train with my family and a high school classmate in the past, but never by myself. Taking the bus by myself was one thing, but the train was another. For my first day of college, my mom dropped me off at the subway station. After a few weeks of riding the subway train by myself, I started to get used to riding the train by myself just like I did on the bus when I was in high school. During my rides on the F train, it gave me time to enjoy myself by listening to music or watching Netflix on my phone. It also gave me time to think on other things like school and home, like a train of thought and a larger feeling of independence. With the addition of riding the subway, outside of classes, I had freedom to explore Metrotech whenever I shopped. I was glad of getting over my fear of riding the subway.