2010 – Mom and I were at a fair in my little town. I remember being so happy and loved on this day. I always loved having my mom’s attention and her love all just for me. I can remember her beautiful smile. I felt her being free. Also, the day was perfect with an amazing sunset and people being happy.

I got the chance to ride a motorcycle on this day. I ate 3 tacos with her and for dessert we had fried bananas with cream. She bought me a pair of shoes and clothes. I was holding her hands while we had a long walk. This was the first day that I was outside so late. We came back home at 12pm. I did not want this lovely day to end.

When I was in la secundaria(high school) she recreated my uniform from my brother’s pants. My dress looked so good that you couldn’t tell that it was pants. She showed me how to design dresses. I was proud of my mom and wanted her to feel the same way for me. That is why I joined a sewing workshop in my second year of high school in Mexico.

In my first year of high school I decided to start working, my mom was okay with it. She knew I was an independent girl. I used to go to school in the morning and work in the afternoon from 3pm to 8pm. I liked my first job because it was not difficult. I worked at a supermarket packaging people’s products. My mom was so happy because I was supporting and taking food home.

My mom always taught me to be a good student, be a good girl, be independent, be strong, be brave and finally believe in myself.

I wish I had more beautiful moments with the person who gave me life, but what I had was enough for me to remember her with love. I am happy because she is now in a better place. She is my angel who is always protecting me.