Just like any other person, we have clothes, we need clothes, and we re-purchase clothes. In my case, I keep my clothes, even the clothes that doesn’t fit and are from the 3rd grade. I love my clothes, it symbolizes the good times at that age, which is one thing that grows old with you; memories.

My mother abhors the fact that I keep my clothes because she thinks I’m a hoarder and I need to be on the Lifetime show called “Hoarders”. just to clarify, I don’t have a room full of bags mounted with clothes from the past, I simply have 3 shirts and about 5 dresses from when I was younger.

The one dress out 3 pieces of clothing I have, reminds me of a perfect time in life. Rather a simpler time. Where I was 1/3 top of my 5th grade class, my mom always did my hair even though I hated it , and I never really went through heartache; though I thought I did when I lost one of my bratz dolls. As a teenager/young adult you tend to reminisce on the simpler times, because you weren’t aware that you left them you long for them even more frequent through hardships. which I why, I have at least 3 pieces of clothing that spark the cool-breeze memories that they store.

Me keeping my clothes is just the surface, and Ive known the real meaning underneath that surface for a long time now. I know at first it may present itself as materialistic, but on the contraire; it’s change I’m not to fond of. I feel as if I get rid of my clothes, all the good times with the memories I have to give away too.