By class time on Tuesday, September 14:

• Read my Announcement.
  • Read Anonymous’ â€śWhatever Happened to _______?” and (if you haven’t already) Patchett’s Truth & Beauty.
  • Respond to each of your Cohort members’ work using the Meet My X Critique worksheet that’s on the Course Profile and email the responses to me (at creative.writing.citytech2@gmail.com) and your Cohort by class time on Tuesday, September 14.
  • Write Journal Assignment 1: Using Patchett’s work in Truth & Beauty as an example, write about a friendship that has been significant to you. Answer the following questions: Who is it? How did you meet? Why are they important to you? Post it under Journals. Be sure to write the following in the title: Your Full Name, Journal 1.

During class:

• I’ll lead a discussion on “Now what?” and what to do with critiques. Basically, when to take advice and when to blow it off. 🙂
  • We’ll also discuss Anonymous and Patchett’s memoir pieces and define the genre “memoir.”

Homework:

• Revise “Meet My _____” for my evaluation. Post it under Memoir (note this is a different category than it was originally posted) by 11:59 PM on Thursday, September 16.
  • A critique of Anonymous’ work. What did you enjoy about the work? What questions do you have for the author? Post it under Discussions. Title it Full Name, Anonymous’ Critique. Critiques are due by class time on September 21.