It started the second day of my first year in high school. I had gym as my last period class for that day. The task we had was to jog around the permitter of the gym until class officially started. Everyone in my class were freshman’s so no one had any friends yet because this was only the second day. Everyone was jogging around alone not talking. When I entered the gym started jogging but I realized that there was one person in particular not jogging. So I gathered up my confidence (because Im a really shy person) and I went up to her and said I thought we were supposed to be jogging. I know it was corny or whatever but that was the day I met my best friend Mia. She laughed at my horrible joke and we then introduced ourselves to each other. The gym teacher was only assigning floor spots that day so she could do attendance easier but that gave me and my current best friend time to talk and get to know each other.

After school we started to hand out she invited me to meet the friend she had recently made and I invited her to the other two friend I made and that is how our high school friend group came to be. But even tho we had a friend group we were always together. We tried out for cheerleading together and both made it. We had a few classes together and we would sit together. We even became cheer captains together.

She is important to me because threw out all these years of knowing her we alway have each others backs. No matter what situation we get ourselves into we work together to get out. We go to each other for everything she’s like a sister and that one friendship that has a lot of significance to me.