Prof. Jessica Penner | OL20 | Fall 2021

Manuel Barreras- Meet My Album Collection!

Meet my album collection! Since I was young (probably around 10-11) I’ve always had a big interest in music. Growing up, life wasn’t the easiest and the best escape I had from all the problems that came from my situation would be music, I used to be very invested in listening to different genres/sub-genres and albums that artists put out in those genres to be able to better understand different song meanings/lyrics, it was also really fun to see how these artists would use their music and create music videos to not only create audio art but pair it with a great piece of visual art! Around high school, I decided to start collecting physical versions of these albums that I really enjoyed as memorabilia and to be able to enjoy the uncompressed files that are burned onto the cd discs themselves once I get older, it’s a great memory of how it felt to enjoy music and how peaceful it could be when you’re submerged in the different melodies, harmonies, etc. Some of the albums in this picture were very hard to come across since they were put out years ago and are not in print anymore (somewhere around 2007-2009) and cost thousands of dollars to get your hands on nowadays. I am very proud of my collection because it just reminds me of the times when I would really enjoy the music on them and when something good happened around the time I was enjoying these albums. I don’t plan on giving up my collection and see myself keeping them for as long as I can! 

1. AKM

Music is a way to express emotions. It is also a way to heal and feel relaxed. therefore I understand why you collect albums. Music has been my favorite door way to escape reality and enjoy the imaginary world where I can dance tirelessly and still not get tired.
    even though I don’t want to ask questions about this because your post is really relatable and makes sense, I would still have to ask you that why do you collect albums instead of getting Spotify? are some of the albums not on Spotify?