Prof. Jessica Penner | OL20 | Fall 2021

Meet My Polaroid

Meet my Polaroid. All my life I have been obsessed with my surroundings. I found beauty in everything and anything. My first encounter with taking pictures actually started with my Nintendo DSI. This DSI was hot pink and it was the first year the Nintendo came out with a front and back camera for this system. I was very excited to test it out. I brought it along with me for my trip to Canada. It was a road trip and I was so ready. Mind you I was nine years old. I took pictures of the mountains, the rivers, the town square in Quebec. It was so fun, knowing I had saved these memories forever.

Flash forward to now, my love for taking pictures has not changed. I wouldn’t say I’m professional, I just enjoy. I have a DSLR, Disposable Cameras, Canon Mini Print, but my all time favorite is my Polaroid. The Polaroid is my favorite because i feel the technology of it is amazing. The fact that this camera can print out my photos right then and there is amazing. I take pictures of my family, flowers, anything I find beauty in. I have my whole room decorated in pictures. It brings me happiness to see the things I love be right in front of me whenever I wish.

1. valencia

now that you have gain a bit more experience, do you ever wish to go back to Quebec to recapture these pictures to do a now and then?

2. Angie Navarro

Hey, I like the fact that you’ve expressed your love for taking pictures. I feel like every time you explore something at a young age you will take it for the rest of your life. I also remember taking pictures with my Nintendo DS.

3. Princess_Taty

I like your post about your Polaroid camera. I find it great how it can print out photos automatically. I have a Polaroid camera also. I have also a Polaroid camera that my parents use to use as well. I just have to get the specific film for it. Photography is a great and wonderful skill to have especially in this day and time. Capturing memories is amazing and even better to have in like a photo album.

4. Hillary Castrillon

Hello Saba, Nice post! I would have loved to see a picture of your room filled with polaroids. I remember when that was a trend. I agree with you about how taking pictures means that’s its a way to save the memory forever. I think if you are really into taking pictures, maybe you should consider taking a photography course.

5. NIDA KHAWAJA

Hey, I also love taking pictures . When I pictures of my friends I’m in all different standing positions. I have been trying to invest in a polaroid for the longest time. You make is sound so worth it. i have a digital camera I love when you can really capture a person essence in a picture. You can really feel what they feel emotions.