Something I really enjoyed about “Truth and Beauty” was seeing what a great person Ann was to Lucy even when the feeling was not mutual, even when she tried to talk to her and was treated as if no one was there. Ann showed what a great heart she had  when Lucy asked her to find a place for her because she could not afford the trip and she didn’t even hesitate. I liked how they became close after moving together and the fact that Lucy opened up about her sexual life shows that deep down she knew she had a friend on Ann, somebody she could trust and turn to at any time. One of my favorite parts was when they went to U-Haul and Ann held her eyes to the people that were gawking at Lucy, making them stop, she knew what it is like to be the center of attention and because she never liked the feeling she made sure her friend did not go through the same thing.

My question to Ann is, how would you describe your relationship with Lucy? Do you think she cares about you the way you care for her? Do you think that if things would’ve been the opposite, you being the mean one to her she would have acted the way you did when she ask you to help her find a place?