Prof. Jessica Penner | OL05 | Fall 2020

Sarvinoz Erkinova, Chin’s poem

I really loved Chin’s poem. It was amazing from the beginning how she began talking about the equality of human beings regardless of race, color, religion, gender, or sex. Her poem from the beginning to the end was full of anger, resentment, and hate towards those who hated the black race, especially black women, who used violence towards them, tortured, and raped them. She was even more angry when she mentioned that the black women were silenced by their family members when they were hurt and raped, and were told not to shame the beautiful black family. What I liked the most about this poem was when she mentioned that if she was the most powerful goddess among the gods, she would use her power to punish badly those who ever looked at any little girl with “lust in his flesh”. Also when she said that if her daughter ever comes to her and says that somebody ever did something to make her feel uncomfortable and tells her mother about that, she will always believe her. Her mannerisms, body language, and tone of voice was very powerful and truly ignited her poem and was really moving to the reader.

1. Robert Rampersaud

Good evening Sarvinoz,
    I like how this poem was more about empower black women to speak up, and for them not to let their own family keep them silence. Also, I agree with you, that if Chin was a powerful goddess to punish those who have “lust in his flesh” for little girls.

2. Luzmery

Hi Sarvinoz, I liked how you summarized the whole poem, I feel everybody should watch that video to understand a little bit of what people of color have had to deal with from centuries. As you mentioned, it was her tone and body language what made the video so perfect and moving to the reader.