Monday, 10/26 – Friday, 10/30
By end-of-day Monday, 10/26, the following activities are DUE (end-of-day means 11:59 PM):
- Revise your first short story and post it under Student Work: Short Stories.
- Review at least two of your classmates’ critiques of the chapter of The Water Dancer under Student Work: Discussions. State whether you agree or disagree with their critique and state why in the comments section.
- Continue writing a NEW story in any POV you like (First Person or Third Person), but focus on the setting and/or context.
- This was posted in Week 9’s Assignment page, but it’s nice to have a reminder:
- Take your story from Journal 5, fictionalize it by putting it in a totally different setting. Some ideas from Creative Writing Now:
Write a story that takes place…
- in a tattoo parlor
- at the zoo at night
- in an abandoned hospital
- in a submarine
- in a magnet factory
- in the vault of a bank
- in a bridal shop
- in the kitchen of Buckingham Palace
- on the edge of a cliff
- entirely in the dark
- Here’s another website that has awesome pictures that might help you think of a good setting for your story. You aren’t required to use one of these settings, of course, but hopefully you see what I’m wanting you to focus on!
- First draft for your Cohort is 10/28!
By end-of-day Wednesday, 10/28, the following activities are DUE (end-of-day means 11:59 PM):
- Email your new short story to your Cohort. The names and emails of your Cohort members are listed in the Course Profile. Don’t forget to email me a copy at email@example.com.
- The critiques are due on Monday, 11/2!