It was spring break of 2017 when my family decided to go on a trip to the Dominican Republic, which is where I was born and raised. I was so excited because after a year and a half of not seeing my friends, I was finally going to see them. As soon as we bought our plane tickets, I texted everyone and we started making plans for the two weeks that I was going to be there, we planned so many things together that I was desperate to get there and have fun. The day of leaving finally came and I was feeling so many things at the same time, I just wanted to see and hug my family and friends. Three days after being there, one of my friends invited me to go to my old school so that I  could say hello to all my teachers and friends. Everyone was happy to see me, but as I was talking to my closest friends I realized that I was no longer part of them, while I was gone they made so many memories together that there was a point where I was literally not understanding anything they were talking about. I felt so weird, like an outsider  watching them make jokes that to me were not even funny because I was not familiar with their conversation, everything that I lived with them was so fresh in my mind, it was as if I had stayed in the same place while they kept moving forward. We did everything we planned but I realized that I felt closer to them by text than in person, that even though they treated me the way they used to, things were not the same anymore. Finally, I’m still friend with all of them, we talk every now and then and my love for them is still intact, after the trip I realized that I was expecting too much, they changed but so did I because life is about evolving and making new memories.