I am choosing to use the speech format while doing this project since I believe that doing the speech format would allow me to be more free when it comes to expressing my views and concerns within my discourse community, while on the other hand writing a letter would be too formal which may come out the way that I did not intend for it to come out as. Also speech is something that I have always seen and been familiar with since I love watching the news and watching congressmen and congresswoman delivering their speeches on the floor has always inspired me one way or another to be more lenient towards writing speeches rather than letters which I have very few experience with.

The main problem in my sports club discourse community is a lack of respect from one player to another.

Some of the effects of this problem is that a lot of the players don’t want to play if they constantly get bombarded with harsh criticism that can be said and explained in a better way. 

There is a certain level of expectation in the club to win trophies and give our 110% to the club but sometimes things happen and just because of that you shouldn’t snap on a player and overlook everything else they have contributed for the team.

Another issue that the club also faces is transportation problems and although some players and management have cars that would be extremely helpful when it comes to traveling they can be extremely unhelpful when the time comes to provide those services for the convenience of the club and it’s members.

The main people of power in the club are the captain, team management and the owners who have the true power to change things.