ENG1121 English Composition 2, SP2022 D463

active 10 minutes ago
English
ENG1121
Spring 2022

An advanced course in expository essay writing that requires a library paper. Further development of research and documentation skills (MLA style). Assigned literary and expository readings. This is a course using the Core Books at CUNY and First Year Writing curricula. (We’re reading a lot, but you don’t have to buy a textbook for this class, because all our texts are online! Woot!) Together, we will explore and write within new genres, conduct research, and reflect on our writing practices. By the end of this semester, you’ll be able to analyze and participate in genres inside and outside of higher education. The aim is to build skills that will be useful in future coursework, the workplace, and in your personal lives. In other words, this course isn’t self-contained—we’re aiming to give you a toolbox of skills that you can apply to other classes and situations.

This course may be cloned by logged-in faculty.

Acknowledgements: This course is based on the following course(s):

Angel Lavaire, Letter to a future student

Angel-Lavaire-Letter-to-a-future-studentDownload See MoreAngel Lavaire, Letter to a future student

Ahmed Shah, Letter to a future student

Some tips that I would like to give to future students are that, try to complete all work as […] See MoreAhmed Shah, Letter to a future student

Behlul Vardal, Letter to a Future Student

Hello :) If I could turn back in time for English class I would be more prepared to do the […] See MoreBehlul Vardal, Letter to a Future Student

1. I enjoyed that he really expressed how thought on the class and the 3 projects that were […] See More

- I enjoyed reading his draft because he goes into detail and makes a main point of each question […] See More

I really enjoyed how she started it off with the quote. It felt like dialogue from a movie. While […] See More