Before class on Monday, May 9, students will…
- Read my Announcement.
- Brainstorm about what to write in the Final Reflection and work on the Portfolio.
During class on Monday, May 9, we will…
- Talk about any issues regarding the Final Reflection or Portfolio.
- Work individually on either the Final Reflection or revision of a Unit Major Writing Assignment.
- Please bring a laptop/tablet to class so you can use this time appropriately! If you don’t have a device available, I will give you permission to use one of the computer labs. (Come to the classroom first, though!)
After class, students will..
- Continue working on your reflection and portfolio, which includes revising an assignment of your choice.
- Post your first draft of your Final Reflection. Title it Full Name, Final Reflection, 1st Draft and save it under the category Final Reflection Work by class time on Wednesday, May 11.
- This will count as a low-stakes writing assignment (worth 30% of your overall grade).
During class on Wednesday, May 11, we will…
- Students who have posted their first draft of the Final Reflection by class time will be grouped with other present students for a peer review session.
- If you are present but don’t have a draft to post, work on the Final Reflection during this time.
- If you miss this class but would like a peer review of your Final Reflection, please attend an office hour or have a friend/family member read your work and answer the questions below.
- Students will review their partner’s Final Reflection and respond to the following questions (just hit the “reply” button):
- What did you enjoy about this reflection?
- What is one thing the writer has learned about themselves as a reader and writer?
- How has the writer changed over the semester as a reader and writer?
- How will the writer use the skills they’ve learned in college and/or community?
- What suggestion(s) do you have for the writer for their final draft of this piece?
After class, students will…
- Consider your feedback from your peer review and make appropriate changes to your Final Reflection.
- Continue working on your reflection and portfolio.
- You are not posting your drafts yet, but you may use office hours to check in and ask questions.
- Keep in mind that the Final Reflection and Portfolio are due on Wednesday, May 18!
Oh, and this is (another) Student Evaluations Reminder…
Procedures for Student Evaluation of Teaching (SET)
- This semester, every course-section will be evaluated.
- For courses that run through the end of the semester, the evaluation began on Monday, April 25 and end on Friday, May 13.
- Students will be sent links directly via their City Tech emails to complete the SETs.
- Students will receive a separate email and link for each of their enrolled courses.
- These evaluations are anonymous!