Yaire Castillo

26 October 2020

ENG1121

Word Count: 256

When I was doing this research I was caught up in so many emotions. I was mad, shocked, sad and etc. I didn’t know how much my research topic would impact me until I kept reading different articles that informed me that women are constantly being harmed and neglected. I knew I could not do much but just inform my peers that there are many things going on in this world that they are not informed about. That is what I wanted to do, I wanted to shift my peers’ ideas and thoughts on this sensitive topic and make sure that this topic hit them to the point where they wanted nothing but for some justice and change to occur. When doing this research I found it difficult to read about women’s stories on how they have been harmed. Women like Teresa should be saved from situations that will risk their lives and their unborn child’s life. I wanted these stories to be fake but unfortunately this is the world in which we live in. The color of your skin and your gender will define how you are treated. Even the President of the United States expresses himself horribly when talking about immigrants. How can we expect for ICE agents to be any better? What I learned about doing this type of research that I can take to future classes is to use it for informative speeches that I have to do. This research changed my life and it shifted my whole look on this country.