Ana Lis Amezquita 

December 16, 2020

ENG 1121

Word Count: 422

Dear readers, 

My name is Ana Lis Amezquita, I am currently attending City Tech and I am in the Health Science Major. I am writing to you to at least make your upcoming English course easier. Hopefully you can learn from the things I am about to say. In this course you are going to learn a lot and I guarantee that but you need to make sure that you also want to learn. One of the assignments that have stayed with me was the first major writing assignment. We were supposed to write about our discourse community and either write a speech or a letter. I chose to write a speech and the reason why this has stayed with me is because we were able to write about something that we belonged in or can relate to. Most of the major assignments are based on a topic that you want to write about but also that has to do with the requirements of the assignment, which is something that I loved about this class. During these tough times and being in a world pandemic and not being able to do too much, online for me has not been the best but also the worst. For some it might be a dream come true but for most, it can take a toll on you. In this specific course, everything had a set date and the professor posted the assignments on time so if you did not do it, it is your fault, unless something happened. As an adult, you have to make sure that you are putting your priorities first and have time to do your homework. There were times where the professor would post the assignment like a week in advance. I am not sure if it is going to be on openlab like it is currently but make sure that you are checking what is being posted.  One thing that I would say that I have learned from this class is to do research and the different types of genres. These are the top two things that I would definitely take with me. I hope that you listen to my advice and if you ever have questions or you are confused about anything regarding an assignment, you can always go to the professor’s zoom calls and she will help you. I hope that you stay safe and have a wonderful upcoming semester, despite the circumstances.  

Sincerely, 

Ana Lis Amezquita