The model I’m using is a letter rather than anything else because of my writing style. For this assignment I feel it’s in my best interest as a writer to utilize the elements of a letter to my advantage. As most know a letter formally addresses an audience and allows the speaker to directly target the listener. By writing a letter I’ll directly express my ideas on gender inequality in the professional sports world and target those who feel women shouldn’t be merited solely based on their difference in sex. Using a letter as my way to speak up will keep me focused on the topic at hand instead of having multiple conflicting ideas thrown together as a way to argue my position. My audience consists of those who take the position against equality of women in the sports world and those that keep the stigma alive by undermining the importance of conversations like this. I’m going to begin my letter by providing factual evidence and the history of women in sports so people can see that there’s a real issue at hand. My reasoning behind starting with historical context and current day evidence is because I want those reading to make the obvious connection between the two and realize the only thing that has changed are the timelines. It’s important I do this because people sometimes have the tendency to not bat an eye at problems they’re willingly ignorant to but by calling the issue at center stage it makes it harder to ignore. After revealing the issue I’m going to propose real solutions to the problem.