Dyrisha John

September 21,2020

ENG 1121

word count: 244

In the making of the discourse community assignment I feel as if a letter is most likely to help me get my point across about the black lives matter moment because this will help me to get my point across with various different forms of rasicm especially with all that’s happening in today’s life. and everything that we are seeing today with the moment starting and taking as long as it did to start. this is why I feel as if Mary Wollstonecraft “Dedicatory Letter” helped her to get her point across on how she wanted women to get rights. and I want to do the same thing basically to show how racism is a problem and will always be a problem. also I want to show that racism and equality has been happening since the longest its started since slavery was going on and some of the black community still feels bounded may not be physically but we feel bounded emotional.

1. I will start off by talking and giving inside on what the black lives matter movement is and how it was created
  2. I will talk about how the black lives matter movement is a discourse community and how it correlates to John Swales 6 defining characteristic
  3. then I will talk about the problems with the discourse community and how I feel like the other Communities help to influence these problems and how I feel like we can change these problems as a community.