Prof. Jessica Penner | OL70 | Fall 2020

Micro Activity #1

Xavier Manzanares

8/30/20

Eng1121

When reading the syllabus 3 things that caught my attention was for one we don’t have a final test and I think that’s really good since the is more of a memory game than an actual show of skill and that’s why I dislike them.

Also having deadlines marked as red etc knowing most of them are Monday or Wednesday I have a mental note already on when to keep track also the fact that you’re going to update us weekly to know where we’re at is really helpful so thanks and the fact that we don’t need to buy a textbox and can use online sources is helpful

What concerns me about taking this online class is that im worried sometimes i might end up forgetting about the deadlines or I will have too much too worry about in my other classes I’m just scared I wont be able to handle everything but ill try.

1. Yaire

Hey Xavier, I agree with you when you say that not buying textbooks for this class is useful. Unfortunately, we are still going through a pandemic and the fact that we don’t have to pay for textbooks for this class helps all of us out, economically. In regards, to your concerns about forgetting about deadlines i find it very helpful to put it in my reminders or to put it on my dry erase calendar. I know you’ll find a way to keep up with your assignments. Best of luck!

2. Cindy Cortes Corona

Hey Xavier, I was thinking the same thing. It’s nice to see that we won’t have a “Final” in this class. And it’s a relief to not have a textbook for this class, everything is basically posted on the website as for the assignments, I know it can be overwhelming to see those assignments. But the minute you do it, it doesn’t feel like a lot. So the quicker you do the work, the better.

Hope you the best in this class, and the rest of your semester!

3. aaamrin

Hey Xavier! I really love what you said about the final exam being a memory game. I feel like exams aren’t really fair to students and they also take a huge toll on mental health. And I can totally relate to you on your concern because it’s also my concern. I feel as if I may accidentally skip a deadline or forget it but hey, if we work together, we can all be on top of our game!

4. Ethan Mau

Hello Xavier, I agree with what you said about the Final, where seeing that we dont have a ” real ” final made me really happy, as well as knowing that having a “final” doesnt really show how well you did in the class, more it shows memorizations skills. I also agree where I might forget a deadline because this is a fully online course,

5. Ethan Mau