My speech is facing the specific audience, I need a lot of time to collect information and persuade the audience. Compare to the academic writing I think speech is not easier to express my thoughts. Because public speeches need to communicate with the audience on the stage, some words must be used carefully and avoided any controversial or discriminatory words. Speeches are more influential than traditional writing, such as Martin Luther King Jr’s “I Have a Dream.” Until now, everyone will think of this speech when it comes to black human rights. Douglas’ speeches quoted the Bible and the Constitution to make his argument stronger. I also quoted the Bible in my articles to make my point more recognized by the audience.

The question make me struggled was “Does the recipient appear to be a part of this DC or outside of it?” Wollstonecraft’s letter uses a lot of uncommon words and long sentences, as well as allusions. What’s more important is that this article has more than 80,000 words, which is difficult to read carefully. I overcame difficulties and solved this problem by looking up the dictionary, and the life background and political views of the author and recipient. If I had 24 additional hours to work on the speech, I will find more famous quotes, and give more examples from my own life experience and Literary-classics to support my point.