Part 1:     I have learned about myself as a reader, writer, and scholar this semester is very significant. Through this semester, I learned how to address with my community and know what type of discourse I have to bring to convince my audience. Also, I can establish the difference between a speech and a letter. This semester also helped me master the computer better, for which I had to fill my gaps. In the beginning, my issues were a lot with online classes, especially when I had to use the open lab.

Furthermore, I have changed or developed as a reader and a writer this semester; I have learned many writing skills, and this writing class has developed me in following the directions, submitting the assignment at the correct time, summarizing paragraphs, and writing comfortably. This semester, I have been experimenting with small changes in my workflow, my writing process, and the types of content I produce. This writing process is not only when I submit the assignment under the student work; it is also the critical reading and writing to make sure that the assignment is well done. I will be able to use what I have learned this semester and transfer that knowledge by applying all that I learned in my community to convince them in each decision they intend to take, and I have to focus on the relevance of what I have learned.  Also, I have to take time to reflect and self-explain, and finally, I have to use a variety of learning media, and I Identify any gaps in my knowledge.

Part 2: The two smaller pieces that I pick are micro-activity #6 and micro-activity #14 because these two pieces gave me many concerns to complete the assignments. Concerning micro-activity #6, it is when I had to find in the passage a text that catches my attention; I struggled with it due to the complexity of the text. The text was also about the women’s rights discourse community, and the author asked to investigate what happens in France about their constitution. I was really confused, and I could not find the real meaning of the discourse community related to the women in the passage. However, this assignment became easy for me when I began to learn that a discourse community is a group of people who share a set of discourses, understood as basic values and assumptions, and ways of communicating about those goals. With the meaning of discourse community, I could quickly complete the assignment.

For micro activity #14, this assignment gave me also some issues through the three different subjects I had to choose. It was complicated for me to find a summary, reflection, citation, and work cited for all. Also, the introduction and the conclusion of these three different subjects required much researches in order to be able to achieve convincing work and capture the attention of my audience. I want to include it in the final portfolio due to the MLA citations I have not ordered correctly. I will revise this assignment and include it in the final portfolio.