I think the discourse community that would be benefit most from my research would be activists who don’t vote. Not everyone thinks that the earth’s climate is changing or that greenhouse gas emissions are destroying the atmosphere. But, activists know that these issues are real and if something is not done now America could be in serious trouble. Activists are very much aware of the fact that climate change affects agriculture. They also know that sustainable family will help our environment and our economy. Activists are a group of people who are passionate about a particular issue and they have the potential to bring about change. Activists who vote can bring about change by writing letters, signing petitions, and getting the word out to our legislators that something must be done immediately to prevent climate change from damaging our crops and our soil.

One concern activists could have, is that they might not realize that voting is a powerful way to let our public officials know that climate change and agriculture is a serious topic that needs to be addressed. I think voters are more likely to contact their local officials and demand that existing laws be changed to new ones which will benefit our American farmers, the atmosphere, and the soil.

The best genre for reaching this discourse community is through they use of a multimodal text that combines words and visuals images. This modal is great of activists who might not like to read wordy complex passages or boring research studies about climate change and how it affects agriculture. Also, images and photographs stir up powerful emotions. A multimodal text has the potential to motivate activists to go to the polls and become voters. I think a poster is the best multimodal text to target many different communities and large groups of people. Posters are thought provoking and can be put up in the stores, bulletin, and just about anywhere.