My research topic is “the roots of guns and the social problems caused by guns in the United States”. I often see news about gun injuries on social media. For example, “student Kills 2 at California High School”, “Las Vegas shooting”, etc. This has attracted my attention to the issue of guns. After reading these news, I began to think about why such tragedy often happen in the United States; why most countries in the world, including democratic countries, prohibit people from holding guns, while the US Constitution allows, and what we can do to reduce and avoid such incidents. I look forward to finding all information about guns, including:

1. The history of guns in the United States.

2. The assassinations of President John Kennedy, Attorney General Robert Kennedy and Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr., and The Gun Control Act.

3. The Bill of Rights and The Second Amendment.

4. The impact of guns on crime.

The issue of gun control is a sensitive issue in the United States. It has been debated from a hundred years ago. Some people say that the individual have the right to own guns, which is supported by the US constitution. They believe that guns are needed for self-defense. Some people object that guns will cause social chaos, and lead to more crimes and casualties even bring disaster to the United States.

My personal opinion is that the United States should abide by tradition, and I support the second amendment which gives people the right to keep guns. If the article I find does not fit my hypothesis, for example, the article supports the idea that guns should be banned. I will ask that if guns are now banned in the United States, it means the abolition of the Second Amendment to the Constitution. If this is the case, will the spirit of democracy and freedom in the United States have been lost? I will give more powerful resources and evidences to prove my point.