Jevon Williams

ENG 1121

10/16/2020

Micro-Activity

Research Question: What are the methods of deforestation expansion?

The understanding of plant and animal relations is essential if the rainforest is to be understood. I have always liked solving problems, so I still stick to topics that I think are interesting. When indigenous communities living in a forest have lived there for many generations, deforestation problems are more problematic. Researchers usually generate many more research questions than they ever try to answer.

It means I must have some way of evaluating the research question I developed to choose which ones to pursue. It is increasingly concerning about deforestation and biodiversity loss in forests; I have always hoped to answer the research question. I expect to find practical solutions to the problems concerning deforestation. Policies to effectively reduce deforestation are discussed within a land rent framework. The Amazon basin contains the largest rainforest in the world. It is an ecosystem that may support 30% of terrestrial species worldwide and store vast carbon amounts. It has a significant impact on global climate and weather patterns. Few would argue that this is a significant landscape of the planet. Despite its scale, Amazon is also one of the most rapidly changing ecosystems, mainly through human activities, including deforestation.

While the Amazon destruction usually leads to images of vast stretches of rainforest trees, felled or burnt, animal ranches, and huge soybean farms, some of the greatest threats to the Amazon rainforest are hardly seen from above. Selective logging and 6-inch high fires transform the Amazon in part into a tinderbox, which puts the biggest rainforest in the world in danger of increasingly severe forest fire. Market-based hunting simultaneously impoverishes some areas of seed dispersers and predators, which makes forests challenging to recover. Continue on the horizon to include climate change – and its projected impacts on the Amazon Basin. Few people understand these threats.