Eng1121 

September 29, 2020 

Prof. Penner 

Mirco-Activity #8

Writing a genre you choose is much easier than a traditional academic writing. The reason I say that is because when you let writers have their freedom to talk about anything they want to, they become expressive and they show a lot of knowledge of the topic which makes the person write more. But when you make a writer write a traditional academic writing they tend to struggle with the topic they were told to write about and it makes the writing more difficult because you have to stop and think about what to write about and sometimes people struggle with how to start papers. When I wrote my paper I admired more Fredirck Douglass’ speech more because he expressed himself very well about the situation and he talked with pure honesty and I found him very brave to write such a powerful speech in front of white audience at the time.  A paper I struggled to write was micro activity #4 because I said “is speech, but the most important message in his speech was that he tried to show his audience black equality and was criticizing American values.” I was really struggling with that because I had to reread Douglass speech and find evidence on how he was criticizing Americans and was showing his audience black equality, which made it difficult for me because Douglass speech had advanced language that I didn’t understand which made me confused. If I had 24 additional hours to work on the speech or a letter a way I develop is read examples from other people and use their method on my paper.  Â