What are your thoughts on writing in the genre you chose? Did you find it easier to express your thoughts via this genre vs. traditional academic writing (such as an essay). Why or why not? Also, reflect on how the model (either the speeches by Douglass and/or A.O.C. or letter by Wollstonecraft) helped you create your piece.

Looking back, I though that the genre I choose was in some sort going to be easier although I think that by doing a letter instead of a speech made it more easier for me, this genre help me a bit to express my thoughts compare to a traditional academic writing, although I think that writing an essay is more easier than any other form of writing, for me it was a first time doing this sort of writing, traditionally English professors use the essay type of writing in their classes, but this was a good experience and help me realized that essay is not the only way to write. reflecting on the model I used, I think the letter by Wollstonecraft really helped me create my piece, thought looking at my paper it is not as amusing and as well crafted as Wollstonecraft’s letter.

Find a section of the Unit 1 assignment that you struggled to write. Quote it and explain what you were struggling with and steps you took to overcome the difficulty you were facing.

Something that I struggled with during the process of writing Unit 1 assignment was my introduction of the letter “I hope this letter finds you well, my name is Isaac Diaz and I have been a student at New York City College of Technology for three years. During this time at city tech, I like many other students have received dozens of emails targeting us, trying to scam us and unfortunately many have fall for them.” I somehow became really overwhelm because I have never written a letter addressing someone like a president of an institution nor have I done so much research to try and write a letter. I asked friends and family to help me out in writing this intro and did some basic research in how to address someone sitting in a position of power, this help me get the confidence of start my writing assignment.

Imagine you had 24 additional hours to work on the speech or letter, what would you do to further develop it? Why?

I was done with my paper a few days before the due date and send it in about a day of the deadline, even though I had the extra time to do anything else to develop it , I couldn’t have done much until my peer reviewed my work and suggested or recommended any type of correction. If I had an extra 24 hours, I think I could have developed more on the suggestions of my peer, although I did some work on my writing after his review