Sumon Alam

ENG 1121

Professor J. Penner

9/21/20

The model I’m Choosing is Fredrick Douglass. I chose this model because not only he was an abolitionist but he described himself in which he said his words did not want to be the reason for him being misjudged. I can relate myself to this point because I was not born in the U.S and recently I came here from Bangladesh so I do not know much about the English language. Sometimes, I also mix up words that do not go together and I do not want people to think negatively about me because of my words. Fredrick Douglass also describes himself as being nervous because he never had any experience of giving a speech. Also, this point I can relate to because last semester I had to present my project in front of my colleagues which I never experienced in Bangladesh. So this is why I will choose Fredrick Douglass as a model.

I think this specific genre or this sepsis model will help me towards my argument because I can relate myself to the same struggle as of giving the speech Fredrick Douglass was facing. 

I would like to describe my audience as supportive because if they are listening to my argument they are also supporting me on my argument, and I would also ask for these opinions as well as their side of what they think of my argument for a better understanding and better perceptive. It will be better not only for me, but it will also be better for my argument. It will also make a difference in asking others that do support my argument, so my argument can be more and the opposition of my argument can make them join me and my group.

Outline: Intro (main point)

Reasons 2 back up my main argument

Conclusion