The community that has been lately on a verge and under a serious threat is the Crossfit-branded community. Like any social entity, there are a handful of problems but here is the first one that I think is important – Crossfit is a too young, semi-artificial kind of sport that was created 14 years ago and is a blend of the most known and popular sports combined altogether in a unique way. Yes, it longs for making people fit and excel in each and every kinds of activities. Among those are all kinds of Olympic lifting, running, rowing, even handstand walking. And if you are a weight lifter, you also have to be the best at doing the ā€œdubsā€, which stands for ā€œdouble undersā€, or a double pass when you jump with the rope.

But excelling at not just a single kind of Olympic sport but literally in all aerobic and anaerobic exercises is barely reachable just because I doubt you can cram the training in your lifetime. Therefore for the vast majority of people this goal is even further than if they committed to be an Olympic Champion I suppose. Such an imbalance in loads on your body plus inexperienced coaches who knows zero about physiology, will not bring you far from the start point. The chances are also higher to harm yourself and get severely injured.

The second problem is that Crossfit in the face of its already former CEO, Jeff Glassman, took a position against BLM movement via a couple of tweets. This outbroke the community and main leaders of Crossfit, so the DC started to fall apart rapidly. I think Mr. Glassman made a mistake by colliding sport with politics and complex national issues such as racism. From the beginning of the Olympic Games, the sport has become the last shelter for apolitical life; the activity where people become better not as part of any group or race but humankind.

There is a phrase in Russian language: ā€œOh sport, you are peace!ā€ The word ā€œWorldā€ and ā€œPeaceā€ is the same word but carries double sense. I think this phrase is a definition of sport. Any sport should be set aside from what the voiciest have on mind. Now, the existence of the whole community is just the matter of months and it will scatter like pool balls after the first shot. I personally know many people who just ignored him and continued to follow the lifestyle but it is obviously over.