Prof. Jessica Penner | OL12 | Fall 2020

Micro Activity #1: Dewan Wasif

Everything that got my eye was the idea that we’re not going to use Blackboard for this lesson, so I actually had a rough time trying to sort out Open Lab , I figured Blackboard was more user-friendly. It’s good and easy to have assignments of due dates already identified. This way, we can launch our assignments beforehand and send them as soon as we want it.  The Syllabus was well organized to thank you Professor.  Also, I like how the class doesn’t have a zoom meeting slot.  I think it’s a smart idea for us to be separated into groups of three to collaborate and support each other rewrite their bits, which I believe will both help inspire and enable us to push ahead forward in other ways. This would be my first time actually not having set time of zoom meetings, this should be interesting. Online Studying is easier, as I will just go to work and only do lectures, and I won’t have to move too frequently. One thing I’m scared about, so taking an online writing class is getting out to the teacher as I would typically reach out to him or her in person, but now that this writing class is online, it’s going to be a lot more difficult, so it’s going to take a lot longer to get answers via email or on-site if you’re looking for a professor to reply. I typically have a ton of concerns for anything we ‘re focused on.

1. Isaac

Hey Dewan,

just like you and I’m pretty sure other students, I was also disappointed in the fact that we weren’t using BB for this class, I agree with you, the fact is the BB is basically more user friendly than OpenLab and like you I have a hard time trying to navigate and even post our first assignment. Hopefully we will get the hang of it LOL

• Dorline

Hey Dewan,

I totally agree with you on many of the class issues you are having. Right now, I am using Blackboard in some of my other classes, so I know how to use this application. Blackboard helps me to keep track of my assignments and uploading my work is easy and quick. I also believe I am having some of the same problems as you are having right now. I am new to this site called Open lab. Although, I have the instructions in front of my eyes, I am still kinda lost. I think it’s because I am not familiar with the program. This semester is really difficult for me because I am using three different sites for each class, including a site called Dropbox . I find that by using this site, my work gets done without any major issues. When I needed help, I sent her an e-mail and she got back to me quickly. (within 24 hours) This was wonderful! Hopefully, this professor keeps this up. Lol. Just to let you know, I only write about my personal experiences.

• Dorline

Hey Dewan,

2. Michalis Photiou

Hello Dewan,
    I agree with you on how the class isnt in blackboard and its in OpenLab. I was trying to figure how the openlab website works but in the end i found out. Also online class is okay but it’s not the same as the physically learning, i know its easier for you to go to work and study at the same time especially when the class its asynchronous. Have a good day.

3. Saeidah Alnagar

I agree with you it’s disappointing that we won’t be using blackboards for this semester, which is resulting in some difficulties. An open lab is a little bit complicated service when it comes to using it.  Most students concerning the trouble of understanding how to post a student’s works, reading assigned assignments.

4. Saeidah Alnagar

I agree with you it’s disappointing that we won’t be using blackboards for this semester , which is resulting in some difficulties. An open lab is a little bit complicated service when it comes to using it.  Most students concerning the trouble of understanding how to post a student’s works, reading assigned assignments.

5. Sumon Alam

Hey Dewan, I hope you are doing well. I agree with you, Blackboard is more easier than OpenLab, But OpenLab is new things, and new experience.