Prof. Jessica Penner | OL12 | Fall 2021

Tanjum Siddika, Social Justice Brainstorm

Gun violence is one of the major concerns for American parents in the recent decade because of gun violence and less restriction on owning a gun creating loopholes for unpredicted incidence in the schools causing mass shootings.  Mass shooting in school does not only show uncertainty in the shooter but all the staff and students. According to Statista, As of October 2020, there have been a total of 180 school shootings in California since 1970, the most out of any state. Texas had the second-highest number of school shootings since 1970, with 149 shootings.

Is there any concern for the future of the students who were a victim of the mass shooting in school?  

Why do some states have a higher risk of having mass shootings than others?

1. Shemika Semple

I understand your topic it is a very crucial problem in todays society. Your first question can in a way been seen as a yes or no question so I would suggest you work it differently. and your second question is okay.

2. Olena Halytska

School shootings are a major issue in the U.S. and one that can be solved. I think you made a great choice of subject matter, but may have trouble summarizing such a wide ranging topic into a few pages. It might be worth to consider focusing on specific reforms that experts say would reduce mass shootings, such as a bad on modifications (gun stock, etc.) that basically upgrade a regular gun into a fully automatic assault rifle. I also think your second question is the key to addressing the subject – comparing states with varying levels of gun regulation can clearly demonstrate the effects of such laws.

3. Joshua Christopher

I agree I also think that the regulation of fire arms is getting out of hand. I think that your questions is good to.