Prof. Jessica Penner | OL12 | Fall 2021

Adekunle David Daodu, Social Justice Brainstorm

After brainstorming on possible social justice issues to use for my annotated bibliography, I have come up with Gender Equality as the topic I will be working on.

Preliminary research summary: Gender equality is simply the equality of men and women. Despite how simple the definition of gender equality is, it has been a topic of interest all over the world, women have been denied the equal right to education, to speak freely in a public setting, hold a political position, or even be allowed to drive a vehicle. According to Melinda Gates in an article “Women Rights are Human Rights” published by New York Times states “The World Economic Forum recently projected that it will take 208 years to close major gender gaps in the United States — but this should only take a few minutes.” This shows how the equality of both genders is taken for granted even in the United States.

Three questions about my social justice issues:

1. What are the main issue of gender inequality?

2. What is the social impact of gender inequality?

3. How does gender equality and inequality affect social development?

4. correction: “How does gender inequality affect Women in the United State?”

1. umme habiba

I think you should be a little more specific of the 3rd question you have? Like what do you mean by social development?