Amber sparkler flame swirled to spell a word, possibly MEME?
Sparkler Writing” by David Joyce via Flickr CC BY-SA 2.0

Before class on Monday, students will…

• Continue working on the Introduction, Sources (including citation, summary, reflection, and quote for each source), and Conclusion.
  • Begin transferring the handwritten work you’ve put on the worksheets onto the U2 Reflective Annotated Bibliography Template, which you can find under Course Profile > File Library > ENG1101 Writing Templates.

During class on Monday, we will…

• Discuss what we’ve learned about our topics through this process. We will share in pairs and then the larger class the following information:
    • What did you gather from your sources?
    • What did you learn that surprised you or gave you a new perspective on the topic?
    • Who do you think needs to know what you’ve learned?
      • Don’t say “everybody.” Think about a particular group. For example, if you researched about the mental health of college students, perhaps professors like myself need to know how the lockdown from Covid-19 has affected their students.
  • Put the ideas we just talked about to paper on a worksheet I’ll provide. Complete the worksheet and show it to me for low-stakes writing credit before the class is over.
  • Once that is complete, finish up writing the U2 Reflective Annotated Bibliography. Do what you need to do to be ready for the Peer Review session on Wednesday!

Before class on Wednesday, students will…

• If you haven’t already, transfer the work you’ve put on the worksheets onto the U2 Reflective Annotated Bibliography Template, which you can find under Course Profile > File Library > ENG1101 Writing Templates.
  • Bring a hard copy to class! Put your tuition dollars to work at the library or a computer lab. (But if you have a digital copy that’s ready to email to your peer review partner, it will do in a pinch.)
  • Please note: sometimes students will put everything in bold or italics. DON’T do this! The headings (Introduction, Source Entries, and Conclusion) are in bold. The subheadings (Citation, Summary, Reflection, and Quote) are in italics. See below for a snippet of how everything ought to look:
Example of formatting for U2 RAB.

During class on Wednesday, we will…

• Be on time for peer review! If you are more than 10 minutes late, I can’t guarantee a partner.
  • Complete a Peer Review worksheet of your Reflective Annotated Bibliography.
  • After you’ve shown me both the worksheet your partner completed and your first draft, review your notes and start working on the final draft! Do whatever needs to be done in order to submit the assignment on time and as perfect as possible!
  • Throughout this session, I’ll be calling each student up individually to check in with their progress. Be ready to share any issues/questions during this time!

Looking forward to the rest of this week/weekend…

• Drop by my office hour on Wednesday or schedule another time to chat on Thursday if you want me to review your work or answer any questions.
  • Want further assistance? Sign up for a session at the Writing Center (you have to register if you haven’t done this before).
    • As with U1, you can earn 10 extra credit points if you go to the Writing Center. Just be sure to give your tutor my email address so they can confirm that you worked with them!
  • Submit your U2 Reflective Annotated Bibliography before midnight on Sunday, 4/7. Save the assignment as a PDF and create a post with Full Name, U2 Reflective Annotated Bibliography and save it under the category U2 Work.
    • Need a reminder on how to create a PDF or upload a document? Look under Course Profile > File Library > ENG1101 “How to…?” > ENG1101 How to Upload U1 Writing Assignment. Follow the directions. Note: Just save it as U2, not U1!