The genre I will be using for Unit #3 is street art. I think most people find art fascinating and constructing a piece dedicated to my topic would really draw peopleā€™s attention. The mentor image I will be using is https://www.concern.net/news/nothing-kills-like-hunger-mural-irish-famine

1. Are the paragraphs long or short? How long is the overall piece?

The paragraphs are quite short, but the story behind it is quit long.Ā 

2. Is imagery used?

Yes, considering an image is being shown. 

3. From what point of view is the piece written?

The point of view of this piece is written from two different perspectives. One is from the Irish famine point of view while the other was inspired by growing up in South Sudan through famine. 

4. Is there dialogue or is just one person talking?Ā 

There is dialogue in the reflection of the painting. Both artists told their stories and what inspired their painting.Ā 

5. What is the tone and purpose?Ā 

I would say overall the tone this piece is both concerned and also informative. The purpose is to talk about the history that inspired their piece. 

6. How is it organized?

It is organized by the description of the artists and their stories. 

7. Where is your genre found? What kind of place/publication?

My genre is found in the real world, itā€™s an actual event that is inspiring the painting.

8. Consider who created the piece (a scholar? a reporter? a creative writer? a child? etc.)

Two artists, one from Ireland and the other from South Sudan. 

9. Quote one sentence from your sample that you think is effective, and explain why you chose it.

ā€œWhen we ran away from Ethiopia to Malakal in 1991, there was a time where a lot of us depended on food aid, and then there was a time there was no food coming in, so we had to look for other ways to survive.ā€ I chose this quote because it is empowering and it shows the dedication of not giving up.