Within Bunn’s narrative, which juxtaposes the impact of specific word choices against the ongoing human endeavor of labor, we witness a connection between the two worlds. Our narrator, Bunn, delves into the subtle nuances and insights he accumulates in his time working as a laborer. As he tries to ensure the well-being of every theater visitor, he grapples with the challenge of being an effective employee while nurturing his appreciation for the literature he may consume. This interplay between his service to the theater patrons, where he strives to remain as attentive as possible, and his dedication to his own needs as a reader, characterized by his diligent re-reading. This concept rewinds back to a specific moment in the text for me, where Bunn states, “As I struggled to read in this environment, I began to realize that the way I was readingā€”one word at a timeā€”was exactly the same way that the author had written the text.” (Page 3/72 Bunns). Here, readers can understand that even in the chaos of his environment and his role as a vigilant guard serving patrons, his commitment also translates into serving his own intellectual needs and enhancing his own techniques for comprehending the text he reads while on duty. This reflection between both roles highlights that pursuing a hobby is insufficient without genuinely engaging and stimulating one’s mind. My own process involves forcing myself to analyze and really deconstruct every sentence, which actually enables me to further understand the connection that Bunn draws between reading and writing (we are both overthinkers)! But yes, I understand him completely.