After reading “Shitty first drafts”, my writing technique has undergone a few changes. Before reading this text, I never made drafts to help me convey a better essay. Most of the time I would not know where to start because I did not have a general idea of what I would want to write about. Now that I have read the text, it has helped me to formulate stronger essays. Now when I make a first draft, I know that it doesn’t have to be perfect. Instead it’s my job to craft this first draft into an acceptable piece of writing. With this in mind it helped me to start my educational narrative. I first wrote all the info of my educational narrative, then proceeded to reorganize the text so that it was easier to follow along. After this, I would reread my paper and see where I could touch it up.

â€śShitty first drafts” has drastically improved both my writing and way of thinking. Now when I work on writing, I’m not hesitant to start anymore. I now know that what I write can be restructured along the way.