Prof. Jessica Penner | D438 | Fall 2022

Michael Bedon, U2 Questions

Tax Fairness-Rich people not paying taxes- How does rich people dodging taxes affect non-rich people?

Human Trafficking- People effected by human trafficking- What group of people are most vulnerable to human trafficking?

immigrants- immigrants rights- How are immigrants rights not protected?

1. Mikebedon1

1. I know that a lot of rich people find poop holes to evade taxes. I know a lot of times people who are making less money than people who are making more have to pay more taxes than them. 
    2. I want to know what methods rich people use to dodge taxes. I want to know about what percentage of rich people dodge taxes. I want to know how laws are set up to make less fortunate people pay more taxes.
    3. One ways rich people dodge taxes is by selling real estate that they inherited, opposed to real estate they bought. another way rich people dodge taxes is by buying sports teams and by doing so they are able to take away deductibles more than once. The richest people in America his more than 20% of their wealth from the IRS. The top 1 percent of earners account for more than 1/3 of all unpaid federal taxes. If the top earners in America were to pay their set taxes they would reduce income inequality. 
    4. I learned that rich people find any way they can to retain their already big estate. I learned that if rich people were to pay their given taxes like the rest of us it would benefit the less fortunate.