When I was writing my education narrative essay I was thinking how the situation I was in helped me develop into an open minded person. In this case the situation was learning English and the struggle I had when learning the language. I wrote down events that happened all throughout my young life all up to the present day. I also wrote down the steps I took to achieve a better understanding of English and the people that impacted my life in a positive way who also helped me through my journey towards learning something I truly struggled with. When I was done writing down these bullet points it was like building a puzzle to get to the bigger picture , I had to find a way to incorporate them in my essay. After reading “ shitty first drafts “ it made me understand that the first draft might be all over the place , the first draft is not going to be the best but from there you have to improve it and see what you really want to put in there and how you want to word it. And I use this method when writing my essay. It helped a lot because I did have to rephrase some parts because I liked how one way sounded better than the other.