I decided to go with creating an academic poster because my daughter has to do a similar research project for her job – find a problem and present solutions to solve it. Typically academic poster text length varies, being a mix of long or short paragraphs. Posters usually are not very log and can be presented in 15 to 30 minutes. Images are often included and they are mostly written in third person. There isn’t any dialogue involved. The purpose is usual to inform and persuade the audience to act/implement suggested changes. The poster is organized by stating the issue/main topic, providing background and research method, presenting the research findings, discussing the findings, the conclusions of the research, acknowledgment of those involved, and citations. Posters can be found is various places like schools, libraries, private/government funded organizations, and etc. Usually an academic poster is created by professional, students, and really anyone who has done research that needed to be presented.

This is the sample I chose. I picked it because it was simple, easy to read, and the information is clear and understandable.