Journal Entry Week 3

Having played the sims for years and loving the series since I was about…  5 years old, having the option to pick its creator was a definite thing to do, so it comes to no surprise that I ended up picking Will Wright to write about.  Wright was first into make models and simulations before he got into the technology of it.  From there, he made the amazing famous game, known as the sims and have sold more than 8 million copies.

Wright has put lots of thought into game designing and has chosen the path that the simpler it is for the player, the better.  In his game, the sims, he even put in a simple simulation of what a character needs, with obvious things a character needs and results if the player decides to give or not give the character the “luxury” of those needs.  A simple cause an effect that all players should be easily able to pick up.

One Response to Journal Entry Week 3

1. I personally have never played a Sims games in the series (maybe i did, but can’t remember at the moment), his ideas and design resonated with many gamers like yourself. He looks at things in a certain way and builds something unique.