Week 6 Journal Entry-Controls

Arduino

This is a reef controller set on top of a shield which is then placed on top of an arduino Dueilanove. It is used to set the tempurature and also control sunrise and sunset simulation. This was also a do-it-yourself controller, which is impressive.

E27-LED-Light-Bulb

This is a Wifi controlled RGB LED light. It is controlled by downloading an app on your expensive brand name touch screen phone. What is does is it has a color wheel on the screen and you can control the color of that light. Now imagine going to a room and being able to control the lights or maybe even hooking up a sensor and programming it to do a little light show.

<iframe width=”560″ height=”315″ src=”//www.youtube.com/embed/R-4aFCe7Dis” frameborder=”0″ allowfullscreen></iframe>

Sorry for the video being in Russian, but I used it mostly for the illusion.

The questions that come to mind for this thing is:

1. Where do I purchase this?

2. How do I set it up?

3. How many LED lights can it control?

I have been able to answer most of this. To answer the first question, you can purchase this at LED wholesale for a price of only $50.

http://www.wholesale-leds.com/wifiledstripcontroller.aspx?gclid=COmq58KOgLoCFQie4AodRTkAbQ

To answer the second question, it is really easy to set up. It comes with a basic controller and a wifi controller. The LEDs come on a strip and that plugs into a chip, which plugs directly into a Wifi controller. This is actually starting to become popular in modern homes at the moment and is very easy to set up, but who doesn’t like a good local light show.

One Response to Week 6 Journal Entry-Controls

1. stevejc says:

Here is the link to the video