Week 1 Journal Entry by Frank Mason

Hello everyone I am Frank Mason. I have been going to college for 3 1/2 years and this is my third semester at CityTech. My major is Emerging Media Technology with a background that mainly consists of programming with a focus on video game development. I have used Java, Python, HTML, CSS, Visual Basic, Linux, and C++. Currently, I am taking Intro to C++ Programming to gain some of the tools necessary to become a video game developer. My plan after college is to create a video game company of my own.

Unfortunately, I have not really used Arduino in any way so this is an entirely new experience for me. In fact, I have never really delved into learning hardware, mainly software, so I am very excited about the kinds of concepts and techniques that I can learn from these two worlds simultaneously.

My dream for the future would be to build a robot that could replace human doctors. To clarify, I would build robots that can diagnose the ailment of an individual accurately. They would be able to do this by having portable MRI machines, CT Scan operators, and many other medical equipment used to diagnose and then recommend a course of treatment for the ailment(s). The reason I came up with this idea is there are so many people in the world, not only in first world countries such as the U.S., Great Britain, Russia that could use this technology, but so can many developing countries as well. In fact, it would be possible to use the robots in many of these countries to fight disease as well as the high mortality rate in these countries.

This entry was posted in journals. Bookmark the permalink.

One Response to Week 1 Journal Entry by Frank Mason

1. If you haven’t already, go see Elysium – their robotic doctors are much like you’re describing. Very cool. The robotic police officers however were rather scary… Kind of the ying and yang of technology.