GabbyB – Musicality (Emotiv Headset 2)

So we went ahead and managed to get the Emotiv Headset connected and working with that one processing sketch we got from HyperRitual. Wale (our test dummy) had, after I set up the code in Processing and made sure that things worked with Mind Your OSCs, managed to use the sketch to move the ball on the screen left and right.

However, this software I’ve discovered is limited. Mind Your OSCs relies heavily on the Emotiv EPOC Panel and premade user profiles, and I believe it’s the main cause for the EPOC panel crashing and disconnecting seemingly out of nowhere.

We’re hoping to try out Goodbye World Emotiv-Mind Your OSCs-Processing-Arduino sketch today, though there’s bound to be difficulty, especially as it required a different form of Processing (x32) than our previous sketch (x64) due to the Serial library.

I suspect this will continue to produce a good deal of frustration, but managing to move the circle in processing was an amazing experience. I look forward to working with the Emotiv and Arduino more.

This entry was posted in Uncategorized and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.