Post 7

So this terrifically drawn picture shows what I want to end up making. Looking around on the tinkerkit site I found  a couple of the sensors that I need, specifically the  Linear Potentiometer. They also have the buttons that are needed but they don’t have a touchpad but it can be replaced with a joy stick for prototype purposes. The last thing that would then need is an OLED which the tinker kit site doesn’t have but that ok because a quick google search show quite a couple of decent demos. Not shown in the pictures but also need for the final version of my product would be some sort of wireless communicator, a bluetooth connection would be nice.

Now in case most of you don’t remember I want to make a mobile controller that can control stage lights and or simple devices. I hope to get as far as getting the potentiometer to display some output on the OLED.

4 Responses to Post 7

1. Philip Zak says:

your design seems like it can lead to a mini controller for a pc/mac. it’d be cool if you can get this to work. i feel like there aren’t really a lot of products or good apps for android/iphone that can act as a controller for pc/mac.

2. Michelle K says:

How would you hook this up to a lighting instrument? You would probably need some adapters to be able to plug in a stage pin cable to this.

3. Marcelo says:

What kind of lighting instrument do you intend to control, and what kind of control are you thinking about?

4. Gabby B. says:

I have no idea how to operate lighting equipment, but I still believe this is doable. A controller would work easily with other ‘simple’ devices.

Nice sketch, by the way.