Journal Entry 5

I went to the Maker Faire 2012 on last Saturday. It was awesome! I took over hundred of pictures and got many name cards of makers and companies. There were lots of different kinds of 3-D printers and Arduino related products. One of the most interesting thing was the ‘Keyglove‘, a full keyboard and mouse control in a wearable wireless bluetooth glove. It has 37 sensors and 6-axis motion sensors. It looked like a trial version but I liked the idea.

metrocardbot?

Pancakebot =)

Quaduino!

City Tech booth

Sketch Chiar

‘Hubo’ from Korea =)

12 Responses to Journal Entry 5

1. Michelle K says:

What exactly did the Metro Card robot do? It looks like it has speakers and joystick, but I can’t figure out how any of that relates to Metro Cards…

2. Hey that pancake bot is actually really neat. Is this the same one you saw:

3. J.Seda says:

I saw that you looked at the “Keyglove” and that was actually one of favorite things at the faire too. Did you happen to get a picture of it? Did you get to see how someone uses it? I’m really interested in seeing it.

4. rusnuvol says:

You went to Maker faire without me? Ouch. I saw your picture of Quaduino (clever name btw) I actually looked it up. It’s a pretty neat to be able to build your own quadrocopter. That’s a business idea all on it’s own. Thank you for that.

5. Philip Zak says:

Wow. the pancake bot is pretty cool. it would be cool if the bot could somehow flip the pancake too. heres a link to it on the creator’s blog: http://makermig.blogspot.com/2011/06/how-pancake-bot-works.html

6. that Hubo robot looks great, what functions does it do or its purpose? also, the pancake bot would make my life easier…